[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Ceph][Kingbird][Tricircle][Smaug]Build a multisite disaster recovery "stack"

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:10:08 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastien,

Totally understand your reasoning here, however there are some
misunderstanding :P I'm not familiar with Smaug, but Tricircle is not a NFV
specific project. We have use cases in OPNFV that is targeting NFV
scenarios.

As you correctly point out about the state of the VM, and Tricircle is not
guarantee or replicate VM state either. It only provides a unified
management gateway for a multi-site openstack deployment, user only obtain
the state on a per-query basis.

Anyways it is great start with Kingbird, and later on I think we could
further group Tricircle or Smaug together to have more interesting features
provided to DR :)

BTW we will have a joint Ubernetes/Tricircle session in OSCON, you are also
welcomed to check it out.

Email: zhipengh at uci.edu