[openstack-dev] [Group-based-policy] Service Chain work with LBaaS/FWaaS

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:06:21 UTC 2016

Hi Yao, Responses inline.

Thanks,
~Sumit.

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 12:32 AM, 姚威 <yaowei at unitedstack.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know that GBP can work with neutron(ml2) by resource_mapping, and
> group/policy all work well.
> Assume that I have installed and enabled LBaaS and FWaaS,can I use service
> chain of gbp by `chain_mapping` or other plugins ?

Yes. You might want to take a look at the Austin summit video and the
accompanying document which describes all this. Both are available
here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GroupBasedPolicy/Austin

> Another question. I use GBP and Cisco APIC as native driver, what is the GBP
> service chain work flow? Such as create a service spec/node and apply it to
> a rule.

I believe the answer is yes since the APIC driver is a driver, and the
API is the same for all the drivers.