[openstack-dev] [kolla] xenial or trusty

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:09:24 UTC 2016

On 4 May 2016 at 19:21, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to lock the tag version in certain branch. One branch only
> support
> > one
> > distro release.
> >
> > For example, the mitaka branch only build on Trusty and the master/newton
> > branch
> > only build on Xenial.
> >
> > So, the branch and OS matrix should like ( fix me and the ?)
> >
> >           Ubuntu     CentOS     Debian      OracleLinux
> > Liberty    14.04        7          ?             ?
> > Mitaka     14.04        7          ?             ?
> > Master     16.04        7          ?             ?
>
> FWIW, this is what we plan to do in Puppet OpenStack CI (except we
> don't gate on OracleLinux & Debian).

FWIW OpenStack-Ansible is choosing to support deployment on both Ubuntu
14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for both the Newton and Ocata cycles, with
the current proposal to drop it in P. The intent is to provide our
deployers the opportunity to transition with a mixed deployment.

Obviously YMMV and our plans may change based on the actual implementation
details.