[openstack-dev] Requirements for becoming approved official project

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu May 5 17:50:23 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Mike Perez's message of 2016-05-05 09:59:58 -0700:
> On 14:40 Apr 30, Shinobu Kinjo wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > First sorry for bothering you -;
> >
> > We are trying to make the tricircle project [1] one of the opnestack
> > official projects. And we are referring to project team guide to make
> > sure what are requirements. [2]. Reading this guide, what we need to
> > consider right now is open development, I think (but not 100% sure).
> > [3]
>
> I think you're looking for:
>
> http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/tc-approved-release.html

That list is only for projects seeking to be included in DefCore.
Nothing as new as tricircle is likely to qualify for that status, so I
wouldn't worry too much about it, for now.

If tricircle just wants to be an official project, the starting place is
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html

Doug