[openstack-dev] [oslo][mistral] Saga of process than ack and where can we go from here...

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Thu May 5 10:05:57 UTC 2016

On 05/03/2016 11:24 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> So I meet up with *some* of the mistral folks during friday last week at
> the summit and I was wondering if we as a group can find a path to help
> that project move forward in their desire to have some kind of process
> than ack (vs the existing ack then process) in there usage of the
> messaging layer.
>
> I got to learn that the following exists in mistral (sad-face):
>
> https://github.com/openstack/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/rpc.py#L38
>
> And it got me thinking about how/if we can as a group possibly allow a
> variant of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/229186/ to get worked on and
> merged in and release so that the above 'hack' can be removed.

Hey, lemme weigh in from ironic-inspector PoV.

As you maybe remember, we also need a queue with possibility of both
ways of ack'ing for our HA work. So something like this patch doesn't
seem to help us at all. We'll probably have to cargo-cult the mistral
approach.

Is it possible to have a manual ack feature? I.e. for the handler to
choose when to ack.