[openstack-dev] Timeframe for naming the P release?

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue May 3 04:09:40 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 08:07 PM, Rochelle Grober wrote:
> But, the original spelling of the landing site is Plimoth Rock.  There were still highway signs up in the 70's directing folks to "Plimoth Rock"
>
> --Rocky
> Who should know about rocks ;-)

There seems to be some vaugaries about which aligns with which.  If the
Q naming alignes with Boston, I think it could be fun.  The obvious one
is Quincy, but Quabbin (Reservoir) and lots of other Algonquin names are
in the running, too.

If it is P, there are many other options:

  * Palmer <http://www.townofpalmer.com/> <http://www.palmerschools.org/>
  * Paxton <http://townofpaxton.net/> <http://www.rmlpaxton.org/>
  * Peabody <http://www.peabody-ma.gov/> <http://www.peabody.k12.ma.us/>
  * Pembroke <http://www.townofpembrokemass.org>
    <http://www.pembrokepolice.org/>
  * Pepperell <http://www.town.pepperell.ma.us/>
    <http://www.lawrencelibrary.org/>
  * Peru <http://www.mass.gov/cc/peru.html> <http://perulibrary.selfip.com/>
  * Phillipston <http://www.northquabbinchamber.com/>
  * Pittsfield <http://www.pittsfield-ma.org/>
    <http://www.berkshire.net/PittsfieldLibrary/>
  * Plainville <http://www.plainville.ma.us> Schools
    <http://www.plainville.mec.edu/>
  * Plymouth <http://www.townofplymouth.org/>
    <http://www.plymouthschools.com/>
  * Plympton <http://town.plympton.ma.us/>
  * Princeton <http://town.princeton.ma.us/>
    <http://library.town.princeton.ma.us/>
  * Provincetown <http://www.provincetown-ma.gov/>

And Providnece is, I think cliose enough for inclusion as well.  And
that is just the towns.

Plymouth is the only County in Mass with a P name, but Penobscott ME
used to be part of MA, and should probably be in the running as well.