[openstack-dev] [Glance] Updates, upcoming events and more awareness

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:50:10 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

It was great to meet you (those who were) at the summit and missed those
who couldn't come. So, for those who are waiting for updates I wanted to
share some awareness of what's coming in the next few weeks.

* I will be sending summaries of individual discussion items from the
summit, over the next few days
* The Glance weekly meetings will continue this week onward i.e. our
next meeting is on Thursday May 5th
* The Glare weekly meetings will tentatively resume May 16th unless
someone needs one earlier
* The Glance mid-cycle will be June 15-17. Please update your *final*
RSVP by Wednesday May 18th [1]
* We will be having monthly as well as ad-hoc virtual sync on import
refactor work. The team will also tentatively meet on IRC to discuss
just import implementation 30 mins prior to Glance weekly meetings i.e.
at 1330 UTC on Thursdays starting May 12th on #openstack-glance (time:
subject to change)
* We will be having weekly 30 mins sync on Nova v1, v2 work prior to
Glare weekly meetings i.e. at 1700 UTC on Mondays starting May 16th on
#openstack-glance
* We will be having syncs on image sharing stuff whenever there's no
Nova v1, v2 or import meeting planned, at those respective times
* The above three syncs are informal and for those who are actively
participating or have a strong say in the work. You know who you are, so
please attend without fail (barring exceptions of course)
* You can expect a proposed review from me against the glance-specs repo
later this week that describes Newton priorities and related work
* Glance processes for specs, lite-specs, freeze, review cadence, etc.
need to be finalized by EOW next week i.e. "Friday the 13th" of May. If
you have a strong say in what the process should be, you need to
organize a meeting at least 3-4 days before so that we all can come to
an agreement. If I don't see any momentum on that by EOW this week, I
will come up with a process myself
* I will propose a review to update the dates for the respective events
after the Glance weekly meeting this week, so that they show up on [2]

Finally, if you need any more updates feel free to reach out to me
either via email, IRC or reply here.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-glance-midcycle-meetup
[2] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

Nikhil