[openstack-dev] [devstack] - suggested development workflow without ./rejoin-stack.sh ?

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Mon May 2 22:10:56 UTC 2016

This patch removed the ./rejoin-stack.sh script:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/291453/

I relied on this heavily in my development VM which sees lots of restarts
because of various things (VM becomes unresponsive in load testing, my
laptop has a kernel panic, etc). Normally this was not a big deal because I
could ./rejoin-stack.sh and pick up where I left off (all db objects,
virtual interfaces, instance images, etc all intact).

Now am I correct in understanding that when this happens there is no way to
restart the services in a simple manner without blowing away everything and
starting over? Unless I'm missing some way to run ./stack.sh without losing
previous state, this seems like a major regression (went from mostly
working ./rejoin-stack.sh to nothing).

What is the recommended way to use devstack without being a power outage
away from losing hours of work?

Thanks,
Kevin Benton