[openstack-dev] Timeframe for naming the P release?

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:53:32 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

When will we name the P release of OpenStack?  We named two releases
simultaneously (Newton and Ocata) during the Mitaka release cycle.  This
gave us the names for the N (Mitaka), N+1 (Newton), and N+2 (Ocata)
releases.

If we were to vote for the name of the P release soon (since the location
is now known) we would be able to have names associated with the current
release cycle (Newton), N+1 (Ocata), and N+2 (P).  This would also allow us
to get back to only voting for one name per release cycle but consistently
have names for N, N+1, and N+2.

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD
tz: Eastern Time