[openstack-dev] [tripleo] composable roles team

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Sun May 1 20:52:36 UTC 2016

That's an exciting news, please find a couple of comments bellow.

On 04/29/2016 08:27 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the most urgent tasks we need to achieve in TripleO during
> Newton cycle is the composable roles support.
> So we decided to build a team that would focus on it during the next weeks.
>
> We started this etherpad:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-composable-roles-work

Tracking such task isn't optimal with etherpads. Why not discuss the
design through the mailing list and use gerrit topic instead ?

In general, be wary of using etherpad for long term collaboration, it's
really best use only for punctual and short lived events.

> So anyone can help or check where we are.
> We're pushing / going to push a lot of patches, we would appreciate
> some reviews and feedback.
>
> Also, I would like to propose to -1 every patch that is not
> composable-role-helpful, it will help us to move forward. Our team
> will be available to help in the patches, so we can all converge
> together.

This sounds like a stiff strategy, how are you going to deal with
stable branch fix for example ?

If a feature can't land without disruption, then why not using
a special branch to be merged once the feature is complete ?

-Tristan