[openstack-dev] [neutron] OVSDB native interface as default in gate jobs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Mar 31 18:47:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016, at 07:34 PM, Kevin Benton wrote:
> I'm not aware of any issues. Perhaps you can propose a patch to just
> change
> the default in Neutron to that interface and people can -1 if there are
> any
> concerns.

Yes, please do. This is one of the nice things about pre merge testing,
we can all see how it works upfront before committing to it.

As far as concerns go I got curious about this and did some digging
around documentation and found basically zero docs. It is possible I
don't know where to look, but I would expect that we should be
documenting the behavior of the various interface options? However, this
is a small concern and can be addressed if/when the changes are made to
Neutron.

In my digging I did find that there is also an of_interface that
defaults to ovs-ofctl, does this also have a native interface that could
be used?

Clark