[openstack-dev] [kloudbuster] authorization failed problem

Yichen Wang (yicwang) yicwang at cisco.com
Wed Mar 30 18:05:25 UTC 2016

Hi, Akshay,

From the log you attached, the good news is you got KloudBuster installed and running fine! The problem is the image you are using (v5) is outdated for the latest KloudBuster main code. ☺

Normally for every version of KloudBuster, it needs certain version of image to support the full functionality. In the case when new feature is brought in, we tag the main code with a new version, and bump up the image version. Like from v5 to v6, we added the capability to support storage testing on cinder volume and ephemeral disks as well. We are right in our time for publishing the v6 image to the OpenStack App Catalog, which may take another day or two. This is why you are seeing the connection to the redis agent in KB-Proxy is failing…

In order to unblock you, here is the RC image of v6 we are using right now, replace it in your cloud and KloudBuster should be good to go:
https://cisco.box.com/s/xelzx15swjra5qr0ieafyxnbyucnnsa0

Now back to your question.
-Does the server side means the cloud generating the traffic and client side means the the cloud on which connections are established? Can you please elaborate on client, server and proxy?
[Yichen] It is the other way around. Server is running nginx, and client is running the traffic generator (wrk2). It is like the way we normally understand. Since there might be lots of servers and clients in the same cloud, so KB-Proxy is an additional VM that runs in the clients side to orchestrate all client VMs to generate traffic, collect the results from each VM, and send them back to the main KloudBuster for processing. KB-Proxy is the where the redis server is sitting, and acts as the proxy node to connect all internal VMs to the external network. This is why a floating IP is needed for the proxy node.

-while running the kloudbuster, I saw "setting up redis connection". Can you please expain to which connection is established and why? Is it KB_PROXY?
[Yichen] As I explained above, KB-Proxy is the bridge between internal VM and external world (like the host you are running KloudBuster from). “Setting up redis connection” means the KloudBuster is trying to connect to the redis server on the KB-Proxy node. You may see some retries because it does take some time for the VM to be up running.

Thanks very much!

Regards,
Yichen