[openstack-dev] [nova] Is the Intel SRIOV CI running and if so, what does it test?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 30 15:21:33 UTC 2016

Intel has a few third party CIs in the third party systems wiki [1].

I was talking with Moshe Levi today about expanding coverage for
mellanox CI in nova, today they run an SRIOV CI for vnic type 'direct'.
I'd like them to also start running their 'macvtap' CI on the same nova
changes (that job only runs in neutron today I think).

I'm trying to see what we have for coverage on these different NFV
configurations, and because of limited resources to run NFV CI, don't
want to duplicate work here.

So I'm wondering what the various Intel NFV CI jobs run, specifically
the Intel Networking CI [2], Intel NFV CI [3] and Intel SRIOV CI [4].

 From the wiki it looks like the Intel Networking CI tests ovs-dpdk but
only for Neutron. Could that be expanded to also test on Nova changes
that hit a sub-set of the nova tree?

I really don't know what the latter two jobs test as far as
configuration is concerned, the descriptions in the wikis are pretty
empty (please update those to be more specific).

Please also include in the wiki the recheck method for each CI so I
don't have to dig through Gerrit comments to find one.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/Intel-Networking-CI
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/Intel-NFV-CI
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/Intel-SRIOV-CI