[openstack-dev] [all] Austin Design Summit track layout

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 14:33:15 UTC 2016

Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote:

> Le 29/03/2016 09:48, Thierry Carrez a écrit :
>> Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>> I see one problem. The single stable team fishbowl session is scheduled
>>> for the last slot on Thursday (5pm). The conflict I have with that is
>>> the nova team does it's priority/scheduling talk in the last session on
>>> the last day for design summit fishbowl sessions (non-meetup style).
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if we could move the stable session to 4:10 on Thursday. I
>>> don't see any infra/QA sessions happening at that time, which is the
>>> cross-project people we need for the stable session.
>>
>> There is the release management fishbowl session at 4:10pm on Thursday
>> that would conflict (a lot of people are involved in both). Maybe we
>> could swap those two (put stable at 4:10pm and relmgt at 5:00pm). It
>> looks like that would work ?
>
> I'd then have the same problem than Matt here as I'm the Release CPL for
> Nova. That said, given I think I'm the only person probably having the
> issue, I can say fair enough and try to clone myself before the Summit :-)

Actually, now that I am a release CPL for Neutron, as well as stable
representative for the project, and both release and stable sessions are
overlapping with 2 out of 4 Neutron sessions on that day, plus I have a
talk to do that same day in the morning, I am concerned that I will need to
skip 3 of 4 design sessions for Neutron on Thursday. Which honestly is
*very* painful for me.

With that in mind, could we try to move at least some of those cross
sessions to e.g. 1:30 - 2:10 where we don’t have Neutron sessions at all,
neither any infra/qa slots [docs only]?

Ihar