[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Just make Mitaka deploy Liberty within the Liberty branch

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:29:43 UTC 2016

+1

A lot of changes has been make in Mitaka. Backport is difficult.

But using Mitaka deploy Liberty also has *much works*. For example,
revert config file change which deprecated in Mitaka and Liberty support.

A important one is the `keystone-manage bootstrap` command to create the
keystone admin account. This is adderecently and only exist in the Mitaka
branch. So when using this method, we should revert some commit and use
the old way method.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Michal Rostecki <michal.rostecki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1 under the condition that there will be a path of migration from "old"
> Liberty to the "new" Liberty. At least in form of documentation.
>
> If that wouldn't require any downtime of VM-s (except the Docker upgrade,
> of course) and can be achieved just by running playbooks and some script
> for volumes migration, then I'm fully +1.

Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me