[openstack-dev] [neutron] unit test failures due to new release of Routes package (v2.3)

Aditya Vaja wolverine.av at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 01:01:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm seeing unit test failures when I test locally after a fresh git clone of
neutron master.

$ ./run_tests.sh -V -f

log excerpt: http://paste.openstack.org/show/492384/

I update the requirements.txt to use 'Routes<2.0,>=1.12.3' and all the
tests work fine.

I see there was a new release (v2.3 ) of Routes on 28th March 2016 [1], which
seems to have caused the issue, specifically:

 \- Concatenation fix when using submappers with path prefixes. Multiple
submappers combined the path prefix inside the controller argument in non-
obvious ways. The controller argument will now be properly carried through
when using submappers. PR #28[2].

Is anyone else noticing the test failures?

Should I submit this requirements.txt change as a patch or should we pass the
required two args as the patch? I can do the requirement.txt change. For the
latter, somebody who knows what goes on in the extensions.py __init__() should
take a look.

I assume this will also affect the stable branches, since the Routes package
versin in requirements.txt in previous versions was same as in master.

\--

Aditya

[1] https://routes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/changes.html#release-2-3-march-28
-2016