[openstack-dev] [neutron] OVSDB native interface as default in gate jobs

Inessa Vasilevskaya ivasilevskaya at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 29 23:32:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I spent some time researching the current state of native ovsdb interface
feature, which has been fully implemented and merged since Liberty [1][2].
I was pretty much impressed by the expected performance improvement (as per
spec [1], some interesting research on ovs-vsctl + rootwrap also done here
[3]). Preliminary test results also showed that native interface does quite
well.

So my question is - why don’t we make native interface the default option
for voting gate jobs? Are there any caveats or security issues that I am
unaware of?

Regards,

Inessa

[1]