[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Component based testing pipeline

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 29 16:14:19 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

I have prepared a document [1] that describes some aspects
of possible testing pipeline in a component based
development environment. The main idea of the proposed
pipeline is to untie two steps:

1) Merge the code to git
2) Adopt changes to Fuel

By that I mean Fuel should be an aggregator of
RPM/DEB packages not of source code. We can merge
the code that successfully passes unit and functional tests.
Then we build package, but we don't put this package into
current master package repository. Then we use those packages
to run integration tests and if integration test succeeds,
get this package (not re-building it) and put it into the
current master package repo.

Feel free to leave your comments.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yp63s3ctO0FNRhqrWNpLmXxMOaJT2tb8H0W80Jr_kjM