[openstack-dev] [election][TC] TC Candidacy

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:40:22 UTC 2016

Fellow Stackers,

I would like to announce my candidacy for the OpenStack Technical Committee
election.

Currently i am employed by Mirantis and take manage a couple teams, one working
primarily on Oslo/RabbitMQ/ZMQ and the other on Keystone. My other job is
contributing upstream where i can including several Oslo projects, Nova,
Requirements and Release team. I have served as PTL for Oslo for the last
two terms and am proud of our accomplishments including getting rid of the
oslo-incubator, building up our test matrix for better backwards compatibility
testing and increasing the number of people invested in different Oslo projects.

We have a lot of challenges including figuring out how to balance
stability/innovation, fostering new talent, target our limited resources
to make OpenStack even better than it is today. I would like to offer some
ideas as part of the technical committee based on my previous experiences
at ASF, a startup, working at Big Blue etc.

While working on Oslo as PTL, gave me a lot of insight into how different
projects go about their work. Being part of the Requirements and Release
team has helped me understand the day-to-day challenges of how we pull in
different directions but still end up moving forward. Spending time looking
at gate issues and setting up CI jobs has given me a lot of appreciation
around how many things there are we could work on and fix. As part of
the technical committee, i am hoping to help with:

- Cross Project issues, increasing collaboration between projects
- Backwards compatibility issues and testing
- Evangelizing great ideas from different projects

Starting with @markmc, @sdague, @dhellmann and a whole of of others i have
received a lot of support and guidance over the years. I would like to
pay it forward for the new set of folks who are coming, learning
our ways and becoming part of our community.

Thanks,
Dims

Review history: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:dims-v,n,z
Commit history: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/owner:dims-v,n,z