[openstack-dev] [cinder][openstackclient] Required name option for volumes, snapshots and backups

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:15:06 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think it is worth fixing the client to actually match the API, yes. The
> client seems to be determined not to actually match the API in lots of
> ways, e.g. https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+bug/1561666

OSC is opinionated about what its CLI commands should look like, and one of
the strongest opinions is that they need to be consistent everywhere
possible.  To do otherwise is to continue the user-hostile CLI environment
we have provided our consumers.  It is more important for OSC to be
consistent within itself than to be consistent with other projects.

REST APIs rarely make good user interfaces, otherwise we'd all use curl as
our CLI.  They are also rarely designed to be end-user friendly.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com