[openstack-dev] [kite][barbican] Notice to retire kite and python-kiteclient projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 28 09:42:00 UTC 2016

Ronald Bradford wrote:
> From the initial ML discussion [1], the following are instructions to
> retire a project [2].
> The kite and python_kiteclient projects are moving to a non maintained
> status.

The very first step would be to remove them from the list of official
projects (by editing reference/projects.yaml in the openstack/governance
repository), since the official project team it's attached to is not
maintaining it.

We should only retire the project if we think nobody will ever again
work on it, which is a slightly different discussion.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)