[openstack-dev] [Neutron] BGP support

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Mar 28 08:37:04 UTC 2016

Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. I still feel like there may be some overlap here.
Thanks
Gary

From: Irena Berezovsky <irenab.dev at gmail.com<mailto:irenab.dev at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, March 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com<mailto:gkotton at vmware.com>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] BGP support

Hi Gary,
The new L2GW spec is [1] comes to enable inter-cloud connection to stretch the network between the local and the remote clouds using tunnels between border VTEP devices.
VTEP can be populated manually with remote MAC (optionally) IP entries.
BGP support is a bit orthogonal or may I say complementary.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/270786/