[openstack-dev] Gating scripts in different TLD

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Mar 26 17:28:58 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

Warning - this is pure gold plating :)

I'd like to see our gating tools in the test directory, rather then the tools directory.

I was thinking kolla/test/gate as the TLD for all gating related scripts.

The work would be something like:
Modify infrastructure gating to test for the existence of the gate tools in kolla/test/gate, of there, use those, otherwise use existing gate tools
Git mv the gate tools to kolla/test/gate as to not lose important commit history of these tools of which Sam Yaple is the primary author
Backport the git mv to stable/mitaka and stable/liberty
Modify project-config to remove the directory test and default to kolla/tests/gate

Anyone in opposition, assuming the gate isn't broken along the way?

I'd like to introduce more gates related to reconfigure and upgrade and this work helps isolate that work from the actual tools people use in their daily work.

Regards
-steve