[openstack-dev] [nova] Bug for image_cache_manager refactoring

Augustina Ragwitz augustina.ragwitz at hpe.com
Fri Mar 25 19:51:04 UTC 2016

I came across a bug filed back in August [1] that brought up a potential
issue with the image_cache_manager in that the loop for building the
BlockDeviceMappingList has the potential to generate enough messages to
take down nova-conductor. There is a TODO comment in the code that
indicates it needs to be refactored. It looks like there was a fix proposed
that was recently abandoned and the bug has now been relabeled as "New".

Currently there is a comment that we should reassess this bug. Should I go
ahead and mark this bug as confirmed to get it into the Triage pipeline? To
me it seems legit, but maybe someone with more context has a different
opinion?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1484847

---
Augustina Ragwitz