[openstack-dev] [nova][novaclient] host-evacuate-live command is broken in 3.3.0

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Mar 25 18:40:22 UTC 2016

On 3/25/2016 11:15 AM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 3.3.0 of python-novaclient has a serious bug, which prevents host-evacuate-live from working correctly.
>
> https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/commit/ae598280acc46dd4ee20af78a5780a450f96b084 appears to have changed a number of function signatures and arguments, and resulted in the breakage.
>
> I have filed a bug with all the details of my findings, but I wanted to
> bring it to the attention of a wider audience.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1561938
>
> How do we proceed? Revert ae598280 ?

Fix is here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/297772/

You can workaround for now by passing --os-compute-api-version=2.24 in
the command line when using that command.

Once the fix is merged I'll release 3.4.0 and backport to stable/mitaka
for a 3.3.1 release.

Thanks for pointing this out Sean.

Matt Riedemann