[openstack-dev] [nova] The same SRIOV / NFV CI failures missed a regression, why?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 24 13:35:29 UTC 2016

We have another mitaka-rc-potential bug [1] due to a regression when
detaching SR-IOV interfaces in the libvirt driver.

There were two NFV CIs that ran on the original change [2].

Both failed with the same devstack setup error [3][4].

So it sucks that we have a regression, it sucks that no one watched for
those CI results before approving the change, and it really sucks in
this case since it was specifically reported from mellanox for sriov
which failed in [4]. But it happens.

What I'd like to know is, have the CI problems been fixed? There is a
change up to fix the regression [5] and this time the Mellanox CI check
is passing [6]. The Intel NFV CI hasn't reported, but with the mellanox
one also testing the suspend scenario, it's probably good enough.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1560860
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/262341/
[3]
http://intel-openstack-ci-logs.ovh/compute-ci/refs/changes/41/262341/7/compute-nfv-flavors/20160215_232057/screen/n-sch.log.gz