[openstack-dev] [magnum] Generate atomic images using diskimage-builder

Yolanda Robla Mota yolanda.robla-mota at hpe.com
Thu Mar 24 07:55:59 UTC 2016

Hi
I have also been talking with diskimage-builder cores and they suggested
we better start with the element on magnum. So I moved the change here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/296719/

About diskimage-size, I'll dig a bit more on it. It can be for two causes:
1. To generate the fedora-atomic image, I first install a fedora-minimal
image, and install ostree packages and the dependencies there. Based on
that, i execute the ostree commands, and then I update the grub config
to boot with the new image. But the old contents are still there, so
this is potentially increasing the size. I will take a look at possible
cleanup solutions.
2. The way diskimage-builder compresses the image. It can be different
from the one that Fedora is using, and less effective. I saw discussions
in diskimage-builder about that, and there have been recent improvements
as https://review.openstack.org/290944 . Is worth investigating a bit
more as well.

Best
Yolanda