[openstack-dev] [trove] OpenStack Trove meeting minutes (2016-03-23)

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Mar 24 02:43:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 07:52:10PM +0000, Amrith Kumar wrote:
> The meeting bot died during the meeting and therefore the logs on eavesdrop are useless. So I've had to get "Old-Fashioned-Logs(tm)".
>
> Action Items:
>
> <amrith> #action [all] If you have a patch set that you intend to resume work on, please put an update in it to that effect so we don't go abandon it under you ...
> <amrith> #action [all]  if any of the abandoned patches looks like something you would like to pick up feel free
> <cp16net> #action cp16net reply to trove-dashboard ML question for RC2
> <amrith> #action [all] please review changes [3], [4], and link [5] in agenda and update the reviews
>
> Agreed:
>
> <cp16net> #agreed flaper87 to WF+1 the patches in question [3] and [4]
>
> Meeting agenda is at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove/MeetingAgendaHistory#Trove_Meeting.2C_March_23.2C_2016
>
> Meeting minutes (complete transcript) is posted at
>
> https://gist.github.com/amrith/5ce3e4a0311f2cc4044c

I'm still unsure of the value of adding these tests, and would love some
pointers.

The current stable/liberty branch of trove fails
gate-trove-scenario-functional-dsvm-mysql with a summary of "FAILED (SKIP=23,
errors=13)"[1].

The 2 reviews in question fail with
    "FAILED (SKIP=5, errors=2)"[2] and
    "FAILED (SKIP=18, errors=1)"[3].

Granted these are heading in the right direction (in terms of fails).  There is
no dependencies between the 2 reviews so I'll assume that if they're both
merged that number wont regress.

If you look at the logs all 3 runs failed "instance_resize_flavor"
[4][5][6]

So even with the changes merged you still don't end up with a gate job (even on
the experimental queue that you can "just use".

Yes you have improved testing coverage, but is it meaningful?

I'm not blocking you from merging them I just don't understand the benefit.

Tony.

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/55/295055/1/experimental/gate-trove-scenario-functional-dsvm-mysql/f8d62a3/logs/devstack-gate-post_test_hook.txt.gz#_2016-03-21_01_57_16_012
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/89/262289/1/experimental/gate-trove-scenario-functional-dsvm-mysql/1464974/logs/devstack-gate-post_test_hook.txt.gz#_2016-03-19_07_33_32_392
[3] http://logs.openstack.org/87/262287/1/experimental/gate-trove-scenario-functional-dsvm-mysql/ad5dbff/logs/devstack-gate-post_test_hook.txt.gz#_2016-03-19_07_39_27_114