[openstack-dev] [cinder] Does the OpenStack community(or Cinder team) allow one driver to call another driver's public method?

Jon Bernard jbernard at tuxion.com
Tue Mar 22 20:43:34 UTC 2016

* liuxinguo <liuxinguo at huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Cinder team,
>
> We are going to implement storage-assisted volume migrate in our
> driver between different backend storage array or even different array
> of different vendors.  This is really high-efficiency than the
> host-copy migration between different array of different vendors.

Could you elaborate more on this?  During a volume migration operation
we give the driver an opportunity to more-intelligently relocate the
volume's data.  This is done through the migrate_volume() method defined
in the driver itself.  If this method exists, it will be called before
falling back to a byte-for-byte copy approach - and if it succeeds the
volume is considered migrated and the operation returns.

Is this what you were looking for, or did you have something different
in mind?

--
Jon