[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron][nova] publish and update Gerrit dashboard link automatically

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Tue Mar 22 13:28:04 UTC 2016

> From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
> Date: 02/18/2016 02:05 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] publish and update
> Gerrit dashboard link automatically
>
> On 2016-02-16 14:52:04 -0700 (-0700), Carl Baldwin wrote:
> [...]
> > No matter how it is done, there is the problem of where to host such a
> > page which can be automatically updated daily (or more often) by this
> > script.
> >
> > Any thoughts from infra on this?
>
> A neat idea, and sounds like an evolution of/replacement for
> reviewday[1][2]. Our community already has all the tools it needs
> for running scripts and publishing the results in an automated
> fashion (based on a timer, triggered by merged commits in a Git
> repo, et cetera), as well as running Web servers... you could just
> add a vhost to the openstack_project::static class[3] and then a job
> in our project configuration[4] to update it.
>
> [1] http://status.openstack.org/reviews/
> [2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewday/
> [3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/
> modules/openstack_project/manifests/static.pp
> [4] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/
> jenkins/jobs/
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

I didn't see this thread back then when it started. I think Nova would
benefit from that too. I didn't find a Neutron related change in [1]
as Jeremy suggested. I'm mainly interested in bug fix changes, ordered
by bug report importance.

@Rossella:
Are you still working on this or is this solved in another way?