[openstack-dev] [tricircle] Using in-memory database for unit tests

Shinobu Kinjo shinobu.kj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:09:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM, joehuang <joehuang at huawei.com> wrote:
> Hello, Shinobu,
>
> Yes, as what you described here, the "initialize" in "core.py" is used for unit/function test only. For system integration test( for example, tempest ), it would be better to use mysql like DB, this is done by the configuration in DB part.

Thank you for your thought.

> From my point of view, the tricircle DB part could be enhanced in the DB model and migration scripts. Currently unit test use DB model to initialize the data base, but not using the migration scripts,

I'm assuming the migration scripts are in "tricircle/db". Is it right?

What is the DB model?
Why do we need 2-way-methods at the moment?

> so the migration scripts can only be tested when using devstack for integration test. It would better to using migration script to instantiate the DB, and tested in the unit test too.

If I understand you correctly, we are moving forward to using the
migration scripts for both unit and integration tests.

Cheers,
Shinobu