[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [shotgun] New shotgun2 command: short-report

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 21 21:15:23 UTC 2016

Alex,

>This should have been created before removing the thing providing this
information previously.

Once again, using version.yaml you could NOT reproduce the env, because
what was really installed on the Fuel node had nothing in common with what
it was written in version.yaml. The information you think was actual was,
in fact, not actual.

Having 'shotgun report' output you can see real SHA sums, not ephemeral
(like in version.yaml).

And without removal version.yaml we could not implement some features in
make system, so, this new build/test package based approach could not have
been implemented before version.yaml removal. We are moving towards better
developer experience NOT making things worse. In fact version.yaml removal
and substitution it with 'shotgun report' was a fix for broken version.yaml
content.

As for attaching short report to bugs instead of long report, I don't know
what motivation was for this change except their convenience. Probably
short report is to be used for internal QA team purposes only.

Vladimir Kozhukalov