[openstack-dev] [Infra][Fuel] Increasing deadlock_timeout for PostgreSQL

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 21 17:35:58 UTC 2016

Roman,

According to documentation [1] this setting is responsible for the amount
of time to wait a lock to be released before trying to check if it is, in
fact, a deadlock. This time just allows not to spend resources for
unnecessary checks.
If a lock is not a deadlock, this check will just skip it and request will
continue to wait for a lock to be released until lock_timeout is exceeded.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/runtime-config-locks.html

Vladimir Kozhukalov