[openstack-dev] [networking-ovn][Neutron] OVN support for routed networks(plugin interface for host mapping)

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 16:26:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:45 AM, Hong Hui Xiao <xiaohhui at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Russell.
>
> Since the "ovn-bridge-mapping" will become accessible in OVN Southbound
> DB, do you meant that neutron plugin can read those bridge mappings from
> the OVN Southbound DB? I didn't think in that way because I thought
> networking-ovn will only transact data with OVN Northbound DB.

​You're right that networking-ovn currently only uses the OVN northbound
DB.  This requirement crosses the line into physical space and needing to
know about some physical environment details, so reading from the
southbound DB for this info is acceptable.​
​

> Also, do you have any link to describe the ongoing work in OVN to sync the
> "ovn-bridge-mapping" from hypervisor?

​This patch introduces some new tables to the southbound DB:

http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2016-March/068112.html
​
I was thinking that we would be able to read the physical endpoints table
to get what we need, but now I'm thinking it may not fit our use case.

The alternative would be to just store the bridge mappings as an
external_id on the Chassis record in the southbound database.  How quickly
is this needed?

--
Russell Bryant
​