[openstack-dev] [oslo][all] What would you like changed/fixed/new in oslo??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Sun Mar 20 03:33:00 UTC 2016

Howday all,

Just to start some conversation for the next cycle,

I wanted to start thinking about what folks may like to see in oslo (or
yes, even what u dislike in any of the oslo libraries).

For those who don't know, oslo[1] is a lot of libraries (27+) so one of
my complaints (and one I will try to help make better) is that most
people probably don't know what the different 'offerings' of these
libraries are or how to use them (docs, tutorials, docs, and more docs).

I'll pick another pet-peeve of mine as a second one to get people thinking.

2) The lack of oslo.messaging having a good security scheme (even
something basic as a hmac or signature that can be verified, this scares
the heck out of me what is possible over RPC) turned on by default so
I'd like to start figuring out how to get *something* (basic == HMAC
signature, or maybe advanced == barbican or ???)

What other thoughts do people have?

Good, bad, crazy (just keep it PG-13) thoughts are ok ;)

-Josh

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo