[openstack-dev] [Openstack-stable-maint][stable/liberty][trove] stable/liberty changes in Trove that are ready for merge

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sat Mar 19 13:53:41 UTC 2016

On 03/19/2016 01:43 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 12:15:23PM +0000, Amrith Kumar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry for the blast mail, this is targeted at the stable-maint team. The
>> following five changes are now ready to merge. Two of them are changes
>> proposed by the bot and three of them are clearly identified as cherry-picks
>> from changes that went into master.
> <snip>
>
>> Add instance create int-tests<https://review.openstack.org/262287>
>> Add MySQL int-test helper client<https://review.openstack.org/262289>
> It looks like it's down to just those 2 which are testing only backports.
>
> From a stable POV I'm a little on the fence about applicability.
>
> Ignoring that right now both reviews seem to be focused around "scenarios"
> testing but trove doesn't run gate-trove-scenario-functional-dsvm* on stable
> and on master they seem to be non-voting experimental jobs.
>
> Did I misunderstand what these reviews are doing?

Tony, your understanding is correct. These requests led to a lot of
discussion and the fact that these are non-voting experimental jobs was
discussed at length. It was felt that these would be useful for people
who have to support stable/liberty. But, as one of the reviewers points
out, this request opens a can of worms. Are we implying that over time
there are going to be more fixes to get these tests working? And I don't
think any of us is comfortable with the answer to that being "yes".

So, I've put this discussion on the agenda for the Trove meeting on
Wednesday and I will get back to you after that.

Thanks,

-amrith