[openstack-dev] [all][infra][ptls] tagging reviews, making tags searchable

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 19:58:22 UTC 2016

On 18/03/16 14:15 +0000, Amrith Kumar wrote:
>As we were working through reviews for the Mitaka release, the Trove team was
>trying to track groups of reviews that were needed for a specific milestone,
>like m-1, or m-3 or in the recent days for rc1.
>

>The only way we could find was to have someone (in this instance, me) ‘star’
>the reviews that we wanted and then have people look for reviews with
>‘starredby:amrith’ and status:open.
>

>How do other projects do this? Is there a simple way to tag reviews in a
>searchable way?

When we needed this in Glance, we used one of these 2 options:

1) Topics: We changed reviews topics accordingly based on the milestone:
(glance-RC1, glance-RC2, glance-M1, etc)

2) Commit Message: We used this to tag priority reviews for the cycle. This was
less effective, TBH and I wouldn't recommend it.

I know there's a gerrit feature that is, AFAIK, not released yet that adds
"hashtags" to gerrit. Basically the ability to add tags to reviews and search
them.

I'm not a huge fan of the starring option but I can see how that could work for
other folks. One thing in favor of starring patches is that it's persistent
across PS.

Flavio

--
@flaper87