[openstack-dev] [all][infra][ptls] tagging reviews, making tags searchable

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Mar 18 15:55:35 UTC 2016

John, thanks, this is great info. (more comments inline below).

-amrith

[amrith] Yes, we have something like this in a dashboard. I've been also looking at some other stuff

http://chris.wang/posts/2016/01/04/gerrit-dashboards
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/intro-project-owner.html
https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/user-dashboards.html#project-dashboards

Which allow you to cause your dashboards to show up in the projects/dashboards area so one doesn't have to have the link shortened links; basically the query from gerrit-dashboard-creator tool gets to be part of the project wide dashboard.

> 3) A dashboard generated from gerrit and git data.
> http://not.mn/swift/swift_community_dashboard.html The "Community Starred
> Patches" is a list of the top 20 commonly starred patches by the Swift
> community. Basically, for every person who has gerrit activity around
> Swift, I pull their stars. From that I can see which patches are more
> commonly starred. I also weight each person's stars according to their
> level of activity in the project. This gives a very good idea of what the
> community as a whole finds important.

[amrith] This is a wonderful idea and I'm going to see if I can do something like this for Trove. Many thanks!