[openstack-dev] [all][infra] revert new gerrit

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Fri Mar 18 14:31:29 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I want to start this thread because I'm tired. I spent a lot of time, but I
can't review as easy as it was with old interface. New Gerrit is awful.
Here are several issues:

* It is not possible to review patches at mobile phone. "New" "modern"
theme is not adopted for small screens.
* Leaving comments is a hard task. Position of page can jump anytime.
* It is impossible to turn off hot-keys. position of page changed->I don't
see that comment pop-up is closed->continue type several letters->make
unexpected things(open edit mode, modify something, save, exit...)
* patch-dependency tree is not user-friendly
* summary table doesn't include status of patch(I need list to the end of a
page to know if patch is merged or not)
* there is no button "Comment"/"Reply" at the end of page(after all
comments).
* it is impossible to turn off "new" search mechanism

Does it possible to return old, classic theme? It was a good time when we
have old and new themes together...

--
Best regards,
Andrey Kurilin.