[openstack-dev] [cinder] Does the OpenStack community(or Cinder team) allow one driver to call another driver's public method?

liuxinguo liuxinguo at huawei.com
Fri Mar 18 04:05:34 UTC 2016

Hi Cinder team,

We are going to implement storage-assisted volume migrate in our driver between different backend storage array or even different array of different vendors.
This is really high-efficiency than the host-copy migration between different array of different vendors.

To implement this, we need to call other backend's method like create_volume() or initialize_connection(). We can call them like the cinder/volume/manage.py:

        rpcapi.create_volume(ctxt, new_volume, host['host'],
                             None, None, allow_reschedule=False)

or
        conn = rpcapi.initialize_connection(ctxt, volume, properties)

And my question is: Does the OpenStack community(or Cinder team) allow driver to call rpcapi in order to call other driver's method like create_volume() or initialize_connection()?

Thanks for any input!
--
Wilson Liu