[openstack-dev] [all] Maintaining httplib2 python library

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 21:36:54 UTC 2016

On 03/14/2016 03:28 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Ian,
>
> +1 to get rid of that dependency if possible.

+1 for any action aiming toward removing *any* dependency.

We don't have enough of such actions, and we have a way too many
dependencies, with many duplicate functionalities too. Just to name a few:
- pecan vs falcon
- oslo.concurrency vs lockfile
- nose vs testr vs pytest
- pymemcache vs memcached
- you-name-it...

And this isn't even motivated by the fact I maintain lots of packages, I
don't maintain httplib2 for example, so I'm not impacted much,
especially by this kind of package that don't upgrade often.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)