[openstack-dev] [neutron] Upgrading from Kilo to Liberty, missing database entries

Nolan Brubaker nolan.brubaker at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Mar 17 19:34:23 UTC 2016

On Mar 17, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yeah. To trigger the bug, you don’t need to upgrade. Just create a network/port without the extension enabled; then enable the extension; then try to start an instance using the network/port.

Thanks I appreciate the clarification. This is indeed what happen in openstack-ansible: Kilo environments created networks, then on Liberty upgrades the extension was enabled.

> I posted a patch that should solve it: https://review.openstack.org/294132

Thank you. I’ve added some patches to work around the issue for openstack-ansible’s side using the same topic/launchpad bug.

> I believe the patch should be backported back to the first release that introduced the extension (Kilo). Also, with the patch, alembic script is redundant and only adds to downtime during upgrade, so we could probably kill it in stable branches in addition to this patch.

I would agree with this, but admittedly don’t do much neutron development, so I’ll leave that up to people more involved to decide.