[openstack-dev] [all] purplerbot irc bot for logs and transclusion

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 14:45:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 01:55:56PM +0000, Chris Dent wrote:

> I built an IRC bot
>
>     https://anticdent.org/purple-irc-bot.html
>
> that provides (see the blog posting):
>
> * granular logging
> * some in channel commands to get recent history and recent mentions
>   of your nick
> * inter channel transclusion of messages
>
> and put it on a few channels (openstack-sdks, openstack-telemetry
> and openstack-nova, openstack-dev). A few people have expressed that it
> is useful so I thought I would ask if people would like it added to more
> channels. I don't want to just add them willy nilly without checking
> with the community.
>
> For reference: for the time being the bot runs on and logs to the same
> little pet where I run my blog and a few other things.
>
> Let me know.

So, I cannot comment on the how useful the bot is but if projects are in fact
using it I would like to see it added to openstack-infra so we can properly
manage it.

I would suggest joining #openstack-infra on IRC and maybe discuss the usage of
the bot and if it could be add into our existing IRC bots or maybe pull your
codebase into -infra.