[openstack-dev] [swift3][swift] What happens in swift3?

Andrey Pavlov andrey.mp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:53:57 UTC 2016

It's good that there are concerns about the stability of the current
auth process.

But...
- there are many tests (unit and functional) show that current
functionality was not broken.
- there are new unit tests specially for sig v4 functionality
- i try to commit this patch in current development/testing process.
not to stable release.
- i made two another patches [1] and [2] to show that all current
functional tests are working (with boto patches).

I can make one more jenkins job for run functest with sig V4 but [1]
(with changes in tox.ini) should be commited first.

I'm sorry but it is a first time that I hear about docs "what's
changed". What doc do you mean?
Also - Where I can describe config changes? (This is only one change
and devstack already has a code that configures it.)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272516
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285678

Kind Regards,
Andrey.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Kota TSUYUZAKI
<tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Tim is sill working for making sure how the sigv4 patch works[1]. The couple of main reasons for the slow review is, right now, no way to make sure the sigv4 in functests for jenkins job and no docs
> about what's changed, what's constraint, what's we should change our config in those patches. In my opinion, the authentication is the most sensitive one of all modules because it can break everything
> easily and I am still worried about the patch may break the exinsting environment for a bunch of users in all over the world using sigv2.
>
> Regards,
> Kota
>

> 1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift3/+bug/1557260
> 2: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272516
>
> (2016/03/14 19:01), Andrey Pavlov wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found that new Amazon tool for S3 started to use another way to sign requests.
>> I made changes and submitted my review [1] seven months ago.
>>
>> This functionality is needed for ec2api project [2].
>> It is needed for using new aws cli tool.
>>
>> I asked to review my changes directly to Kota via email.
>> My colleague asked him on previous summit about it.
>> All dependent reviews (in keystone) already merged four months ago.
>> On all comments were answered in the review.
>> I tried to raise this question at swift3 meeting.
>>
>> But still there is no answer.
>>
>> Can anyone answer - Can it really be reviewed and merged?

> --
> Kota Tsuyuzaki(露﨑 浩太)  <tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp>
> NTT Software Innovation Center
> Cloud Solution Project