[openstack-dev] [nova] eventlet in the py34 unit tests

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Mar 16 12:46:01 UTC 2016

This review demonstrates a fix for the py34 unit tests sometimes
taking an age in the gate and eventually timing out:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293372/

The changed test, without the change, will block in epoll() for a
rather long time (900s), only in python34. In python 27 it sails.

With the change, wherein the request is placed in its own
greenthread, it sails in both. The fix seems rather dirty but it
works...

The need for the fix suggests one or both of two things:

* eventlet still not quite good enough in Python 3
* Our use of eventlet to drive services in the functional tests,
   once we have them running against Python 3 is going to be quite
   the problem and even if we fix this minor problem now, we're going
   to have a much bigger one later (unless eventlet matures).

Does anyone else have additional ideas or thoughts.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/