[openstack-dev] [TripleO] PTL Candidacy

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 11:10:31 UTC 2016

All, I've proposed my candidacy to the openstack/election repo [1] but
copying here for visibility.

I am announcing my candidacy for PTL for the TripleO team for the Newton
release cycle.

Over the last development cycle, I've been heavily involved with evolving the
TripleO release model to better enable consuming TripleO in the context of
OpenStack coordinated release.

We've had our share of challenges supporting the new stable/liberty branches,
such as CI capacity and an overload of backports, but I still think improving
the experience for both upstream users and downstream consumers of TripleO
remains one of the most important challenges we face, and I intend to commit
further time to this task in the Newton timeframe.

The other area I'd like to help improve is refining our template model to
better support integration with vendor drivers, and potentially giving more
operator choice in terms of the configuration management workflow.  We've
made slow progress on this during Mitaka, but I think improving composability
and enabling more operator choice remains very important, and I'd like to help
fix our branch model and free up capacity so we can make progress on this.

My view of the PTL role is that it's as much about release coordination as it
is about technical leadership, so I'd like to step up and offer to take on this
workload (with the help of our community!) for Newton.

Thanks for your consideration!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292817/