[openstack-dev] [Glance][Artifacts] Current status of Glance artifacts

Ramakrishna, Deepti deepti.ramakrishna at intel.com
Tue Mar 15 00:12:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have some questions around the current status of Artifacts (Glare) in Glance.

1. From briefly poking around, I found [1] to be the most current BP for implementing artifacts. I see few work items like declarative definitions of artifact types, adding database layer, plugins loader etc (I assume all the work items which makes this feature alive) have already been merged. But for other patches like [2] which is meant for adding Glare client has been on hold until there is a better understanding of Glare APIs. I also see from Mitaka mid-cycle meetup [3] that there were few artifact tasks which were missed out for Mitaka and some more Glare API discussions planned targeting Newton.
Where can I find the *exact* list of work items and their ETAs?

2. Is it production ready? Is there any service using artifacts right now?
I did see a response to this question here [4] where Alexander mentioned that "Murano stores its packages in Glance since the Liberty release. There is a plan to create a plugin for Heat packages, but the Heat team has decided to wait till the API is stable (this should happen during the Mitaka cycle)". How stable are these APIs now as we are approaching the end of Mitaka cycle?

Sorry for being naïve since I am just a day old to Glare :)

Thanks,
Deepti

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/artifact-repository
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/255220/