[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [neutron-lib] adding a new flag to neutron-lib

Assaf Muller assaf at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 18:01:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It would be nice if we could get a little more reviews in the neutron-lib.
> I think that we should maybe strive to cut a new version prior to the
> release.
> Thanks
> Gary
>
> On 3/14/16, 6:17 PM, "Venkata Anil" <vkommadi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>  I have added a new flag in neutron-lib
>>https://review.openstack.org/#/c/291641/3/neutron_lib/constants.py
>>  and wanted to use that flag in neutron's change
>>https://review.openstack.org/#/c/291651/
>>  How to add the dependency?
>>
>>  I added neutron-lib change in neutron's change as "Depends-On:" in
>>commit message.
>>  Also added the change suggested in
>>https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/Lib as  "Depends-On:" in commit
>>message. But still neutron change is not resolving the flag added in
>>neutron-lib.

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to pick the brains of the people
involved as for why a separate repo was chosen over placing the code
in the main Neutron repo (Under say, neutron.lib). It would mean
easier/faster movement of code in to the lib, thus faster velocity and
adoption. As it is, it requires 1 patch to move something in to
neutron_lib (With a debtcollector), releasing a new version of it to
PyPi, then another patch to use the code in Neutron. The Tempest
community moved from tempest_lib to tempest.lib very recently, but I
don't know all of the motivations behind that move, I can imagine the
reason I stated above was also on their minds.