[openstack-dev] [tripleO][Neutron] neutron-lbaas agent service placement

Qasim Sarfraz qasims at plumgrid.com
Mon Mar 14 15:18:20 UTC 2016

Hi Triple-O folks,

I was planning to enable neutron-lbaas-agent on a overcloud deployment but
couldn't find any useful documentation. Can someone please point me to the
required documentation? Is there a heat/puppet workflow available for this
service?

Also I had following questions regarding neutron-lbaas service placement:

   - I am not able to find a network node or neutron node role in tripleo
   templates [1] consequently the service will be placed on controllers.
   Correct?
   - Is it possible to run multiple instances of this service and use
   HAproxy to provide VIP to the services?
   - Is it possible to run the service on the compute nodes? If yes is
   there a installation workflow for this.

Tagged Neutron, as someone from the Neutron or sub-projects teams might
have already have answers for these.

[1] - https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates

--
Regards,