[openstack-dev] [nova] stuck review, mtu incorrectly set on vhost-user port prevents vm booting.

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Fri Mar 11 18:20:46 UTC 2016

Hi everyone
I opened a bug back in January to correct an issue with vhost-user
Related to  setting the mtu on the interface.

The recent changes in nova and neutron to change the default mtu value from 0 to 1500
Are a direct trigger for this bug resulting in an inability to boot vms that use vhost-user.

If anyone on the nova core/stable teams has time to look at this  bug and the fix I would appreciated it.

I would really like get this merged before rc1 is tagged if possible.
We have been running it in our ci for two weeks to make our cis work but I want
To get them back to running against the head of master nova as soon as possible.

Bug : https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1533876
Review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271444/

Liberty backport: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289370/1
Kilo backport: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289374/1